Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Can I hook up two computers in same household with two seperate DSL modems?

I just switched my Internet account to Verizon High Speed which came with a DSL modem and I'm just wondering since I have two computers in the house, can I go out and buy another DSL modem to connect to my other computer on the same account? (Or do I have to have two seperate accounts?)



Can I hook up two computers in same household with two seperate DSL modems?norton antivirus 2007



i don't think that would work, it wouuld require a second IP and would raise flags at the ISP.



I would get a router for the same price, then connect the PCs via ethernet or wirelessly



Can I hook up two computers in same household with two seperate DSL modems?product key



You should invest in a router and share that single internet connection with as many devices as you need.
The DSL modem will just connect your household to the internet. If you were to get a router (highly recommended), it will join your two computers together and also plug into your DSL modem so your two computers can share the internet connection. If you were to use another DSL modem, you would need another phone line as well as another internet account. One connection is more than sufficient for your household.
No , but if u get a router u can have two computers connected if they r laptops get a wirerless card if its not built in itt would be ur best bet
Call Verizon and ask about the ''Gateway''. It's a wireless modem and router in one. It allows you to hook up to four computers to one internet signal with wires, or wirelessly if you have the proper adapters in your laptop.



Two modems is redundant and would not work. Only if you had two phone lines in your home, and subscribed to DSL on both of them. That could get very expensive.
No you can't, 2 modems will shut down the connection. You need to buy a router.
No i dont think u can use a different modem, but u can purchase a router and connect it that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment