Friday, August 20, 2010

Need Help, I need to network two computers to a printer. Using a linksys 54mbps wireless router.?

Currently I have a desktop computer hardwired to the router and my laptop connected wirelessly. I have no problems sharing the internet connection, but I'm having trouble sharing the files between the computers and a printer. The printer is installed on the desktop, and I tried to run a network wisard on my laptop to find the printer but it won't. I did mark the printer as shared. Can you send a print job to a networked printer wirelessly without a printserver? And I want to be able to share all files betwwen both computers with no restrictions both ways, but I find I can only share some... Not sure what to do now??



Need Help, I need to network two computers to a printer. Using a linksys 54mbps wireless router.?bmw



you do not need a print server. All you have to do is to run the network setup wizard and turn on file and printer sharing.



Then Control Panel%26gt;Printers and Other hardware%26gt;add printer(do this on the laptop, browse for printer)



If your printer is shared all you will do is download a printer driver on your laptop from your desktop. (all in the add printer)



Keep in mind that you have to add both computers to each other's firewalls as a custom list Port. And your desktop has to be on if you are printing from your laptop. (since the printer is wired to the desktop)



Need Help, I need to network two computers to a printer. Using a linksys 54mbps wireless router.?free adware remover

No comments:

Post a Comment