Friday, August 20, 2010

Have 2 computers and a wired router. Want to replace one with laptop. How will I access Internet? Ne

I am a novice to computers. My understanding of how a laptop is used with the Internet is limited. I know how I get the signal with my desktop but don't understand the workings of wireless devices. I know there are wireless routers. I just don't understand how I will use one with a laptop. I also know there is a security issue with wireless connections and there is a way to protect myself from others using my Internet signal, but I don't know how to do it. Any help will be appreciated. The more detailed, the more help.



Have 2 computers and a wired router. Want to replace one with laptop. How will I access Internet? Need detailsdownloads



You can go several different directions with connecting the laptop to the internet. If you're perfectly happy with your wired router, you could purchase a wireless access point that connects directly to your current router. You could replace your current wired router with a wireless model. You could also use an ethernet cable to connect the laptop to the wired router.



If you purchase a new router, buy one that matches the wireless capabilities of your laptop (if the laptop supports wireless-N, get a wireless-N router, preferably with gigabit ethernet; if your laptop supports both wireless-G and wireless-A, you can get a router that supports both standards or you could get a router that supports one standard or the other).



Have 2 computers and a wired router. Want to replace one with laptop. How will I access Internet? Need detailshouse call



Follow the instructions in your router and laptop manuals. That is the easiest and the most convenient way to get all the info you need because it is different from a device to another one.

No comments:

Post a Comment