Friday, August 20, 2010

Problems video chatting between a computers?

My girlfriend just got a new hp laptop and we are trying to set up a video chat between out computers. She has an intergrated cam on hers and I have one on my macbook so when we connect the computers she can see and hear me but I can only hear her. She gets and error message '' Your camera is already being used by another application. Please exit all applications that are currently using the camera and try again.'' But the camera is off and no other applications are on. Any info would be greatly appricated.



Problems video chatting between a computers?computer security



There may be an icon in the system tray at the bottom right of your screen that can control the webcam on her HP laptop. I know that I have problems with my wireless if I don't use the icon to turn it on before I try with windows to turn it on. I would look for an HP program that turns on the webcam and then try it out and see what happens. Also make sure that the device is selected properly on her laptop in the program she's using to chat.

No comments:

Post a Comment